Dylann 5 days old

Dylann 5 days old

Monday, November 16, 2015

Philly days #3 and #4

Not too much going on over the weekend. Saturday we went to the Please Touch museum as Dylanns birthday present. It was very cute and she seemed to have s good time. Was a little frustrated she couldn't do some of the things she wanted.

There are at least three other AMC families here so I talked with them Saturday night while the kids played. One child had the knee procedure in March Dylann will need when she's 4. This is the one to block the front growth plates so as she grows her knee will straighten on its own. The said it was amazing! Her contracture started at 45 degrees (same as Dylanns) and in 6 months it has gone to 15!. She gets the blockers out in a few months her parent says. This just reinforced why I'm here..no one in Minnesota talked about knee plans. I was having some fleeting second thoughts earlier in the day. It's just so exhausting traveling with kids and keeping them entertained. We've been antsy and restless. Dylann and I both like to be on the go and getting stuff done so sitting around all day at the RMDH has been a little harder for me. So I found myself wondering if we should have done this in Minnesota.... Then I saw this girls progress here. They come from Chicago...I stopped my second thoughts. I'm going to use this time prior to her surgery to relax while here which isn't something we get very often.

Dylann slept really poor that night... Up every hour and agitated. It was similar to how she was during our last trip after the first cast. It was a day after casting though so not sure what was going on. She did feel a little warm so hopefully she isn't coming down with anything. I'm sure our neighbors loved us!

Yesterday we were tired so we played in the room and in the play area all day. Took a nap most of the afternoon..just relaxed :).

Dylann slept all night last night so we seem back on track. Off to casting at 10. Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment