Dylann 5 days old

Dylann 5 days old

Monday, December 30, 2013

Craniosacral therapy

We saw angel again today after about 3 weeks. We saw another therapist in between. I caught her up on the recent changes with her casts and hip ultrasound. She says to me " you don't like your doctor, do you?" I became tearful and she told me my body language spoke volumes when telling her about it. We talked about how I'm working on finding someone I feel more comfortable with. She told me she feels Dylann can gain her range of motion in her knees, hip, and ankles in just the work we are doing and that she's made incredible improvements in just the 5 weeks we've been working. 

We then had the most amazing session! In a half hour she worked her hip back into socket and taught me how to do that at home each day as well, worked out the tightness of her quad and hamstring in her left leg and was able to bend it about 60 degrees even though our orthopedist said it wouldn't bend at all without surgery, and worked her feet so both ankles moved 25% more than they did prior to getting there. She is simply amazing! We are moving back to weekly sessions for now!

We also received the most incredible act of kindness from some friends of ours. My friend and her family do a white elephant auction each Christmas for their exchange and with the money donate it to a charity or family experiencing some medical or other hardship. Her daughter nominated Dylann as the recipient when the family was discussing who to give to this year. The rest of the family agreed and Dylann will be able to use this money for 8 sessions with angel!!! We are touched with how thoughtful this was and excited to see her progress more and more with each session!

As I work to find a provider I like, I am so comforted with our work with angel. I had never even heard of craniosacral therapy 3 months ago and now can't imagine what we do without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment